Book Sale--Take 3!
Here is the third installment of books for sale. If you have questions about anything or need more details, e-mail me at jstanish at heart of iowa dot net (no spaces; add punctuation). I ship Media Mail and accept payment by Paypal. Free shipping for orders of $30 or more.
Writing Strands, Level 2 $5
- Learning Language Arts Through Literature, Purple book $10 [underlined within table of contents to divide book into quarter segments]
- Considering God's Creation, complete $17 [student & teacher book with CD; there is some staining of page edges from a spill but the pages themselves are clean. Student book is reproducable]
- Boats, Ships, Submarines and Other Floating Things $3 [hardcover, ex-library]
- Cranes, Dump Trucks, Bulldozers and Other Building Things $3 [hardcover, ex-library]
Smithsonian Institute Step-by-Step Science Activity Projects
Fun Machines $2 [hardback, 48 indexed pages, ex-library, very good condition] Games, Puzzles, and Toys $2 [hardback, 48 indexed pages, ex-lib, very good condition]
- Color and Light $2 [hardback, 48 indexed pages, ex-library in very good condition]
- What Your Second Grader Should Know by E.D.Hirsch $5 [c.1991, softcover]
- Young People's Story of Our Heritage by Hillyer & Huey $35 [14 volume set] Read more about this set at Valerie's Living Books; (this collection does not include the Educator's Handbook)
- 1001 Cookie Recipes $4
- Bless This Food $5
- Better Homes & Gardens Snacks and Refreshments $1
- Better Homes & Gardens So-Good Meals $1 c.1963, 62 pages
- The Pillsbury Family Cookbook $6 c.1963 [ring binder cover shows webbing along spine but still intact, some browning from age--or cooking spills] Great vintage cookbook!
- Thrifty Meals for Two:Making Food Dollars Count $.50 [69 page booklet from US Dept. of Agriculture]
- Cookbook of Breads $2 [c.1974, 96 page softcover]
Cooking With Kids
- Kids' Cookbook $3 [American Heart Association, c.1993, 127 p. hardcover]
- Best Kids Cookie Book $3 [Sunset publisher, c.1993, 112p. hardcover, ex-library]
- A Child's First Book of Cooking $1 [c. 1975; first name written on title page]
- Better Homes & Gardens Birthdays and Family Celebrations $1 [hardcover, 62 pages]
First Place Materials
First Place is a Christian health plan that was based on diabetic exchanges and incorporated Bible Study and Scripture Memory. They have updated their food program but the following materials explain everything you need to know to follow the plan as it was first created. I will sell this entire lot for $40 or as listed individually.
- First Place by Carole Lewis $2 [softcover book with underlining and a few margin notes]
- First Place Leadership Bundle: 1 Leader books, 1 Member book, 3 teaching DVDs $12
- New Member Bundle in tote bag includes: Choosing to Change book, motivational audio CD, the Power of a Mentor booklet, 12 committment records (where food is recorded), 2 packages of informational brochures, Member Guide, Food Exchanges Pocket Guide, Walking in the Word scripture cards, Health-4-Life book, 2 key chains $25
- Healthy Holidays: A plan to help you maintain your healthy lifestyle through the holiday season $5 [brand new softcover, prayer journal and recipes]
- First Place Leadership: Building Godly Leaders $2 [softcover, some underlining in first chapter]
- Everyday Victory for Everyday People Bible Study Book $5 [softcover, includes scripture CD for walking]
- Party Ideas with Crafts Kids Can Make $1 [48page softcover from Highlights with ideas throughout the year]