A comprehensive Ancient History curriculum for grades 1-6 at a fantastic introductory price (digital version only)!!
Amy Puetz, a home educated history enthusiast, has created a marvelous curriculum that puts the topic of ancient history into material that elementary children can easily understand. Mixed in with the narrative, Amy incorporates copywork, music, drama, arts & crafts, cooking, geography, games, and fabulous reprints from writers in the early 1900's including: James Baldwin, Josephine Pollard, Olive Beaupré Miller (editor of My Book House series), and others.
This is a Christian-based curriculum so parents will have no worries about evolutionary content. The early chapters set a foundation of Biblical history woven in among non-Biblical historical figures so children can understand what world events were happening during Bible times.
The book is liberally sprinkled with illustrations, photographs, and maps. Works of art related to the time period are also examined. The Additional Materials CD contains any templates or pages students will need for games or craft projects. This CD is a fabulous resource enabling families to print off as many copies as they need for their children.
Daily lessons can be completed in 30-60 minutes depending on what activities are chosen to do. Each week, students are encouraged to learn a verse and have it ready to recite on Friday. Bible references are given in the King James Version but readers can substitute another preferred translation if desired. Review questions are incorporated into the material and all answers are provided.
A history course that is Bible-based, involving little preparation and suitable for a variety of ages is a tremendous benefit to homeschool families. There are so many activities to choose from that families can pick and choose the things that interest them most.
Normally this curriculum would sell for $98.99 but for a limited time, you can get the whole bundle in digital format for the introductory price of $68.99 through August 31, 2015.
What comes in the Curriculum Package?
(Note: All materials for Part 2 will be available for download in early 2016)
- Heroes, Heroines, and Tales of Ancient History Part 1 - Lessons for the first half of the year. View the table of contents and sample pages
- Heroes, Heroines, and Tales of Ancient History Part 2 - Lessons for the second half of the year
- Additional Materials CD - This CD has supplemental materials. There are printable timelines, instructions and entertaining videos, color artwork, audio pronunciations, and much more.
- Historical Skits - Performing historical skits is a great way to bring history to life. View a sample.
- Sing Some Ancient History CD - This CD contains the songs mentioned in the books. (The songs for Part 1 will be available in the middle of September 2015)
- Listen to Some Ancient History MP3 CD - An audio collection of original speeches, letters, and documents that are mentioned in the books. Listen to a sample.
This special offer also includes an e-book of coloring pages to accompany the lessons:
Hurry! Don't miss out on this dynamite offer--place your order today at AmyPuetz.com.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of Heroes, Heroines, and Tales of Ancient History in exchange for reviewing the material. No other compensation was received.