Many writing curricula focus on the different types of writing, such as creative writing, story writing, poetry writing, persuasive writing, argumentative writing, informative writing, descriptive writing, book writing, fiction writing, novel writing, but the basic foundation of writing is assumed. The Write Foundation begins with the writing process, how a student formulates a topic, then a thesis, then supporting points, and by incremental teaching drills in the basics. In most grammatical subjects, we have found that failure is almost totally because the basics have not been learned.
The Write Foundation writing curriculum is a result of 8 years of successfully teaching homeschooled students in a one-day-per-week co-op setting. It has been adapted for a homeschool and used by numerous homeschooling parents to give their own children the tools of how to quickly organize and write an essay with excellence.
- Level 1: Sentence to Paragraph Writing (ages 11-13)
- Level 2: Paragraph Writing (ages 12-15)
- Level 3: Essay Writing (ages 14-17)
- Writing curriculum that incorporates logic exercises* and poetry along with writing instruction (*NOTE: Mind Bender worksheets were scheduled but not included in curriculum; purchase separately or substitute similar cognitive puzzles)
- Recommended list of books for outside reading (with suggested "point" totals assigned)
- Easily reproduced materials (student worksheets came 3-hole punched)
- Worksheets and assignment pages provided in PDF format (helpful for households with "disappearing books")
- Teacher pages that can be used for overheads
- Incremental steps that guide students
- Ability to use at home or in a co-op setting
- Full Year bundle (includes teacher manual, 1 set student worksheets, resource CD) $100
- Half Year bundle (teacher, student, CD) $65
- Student Worksheets full year (for co-op participants) $25
- Student Worksheets half year (Lessons 1-15 or Lessons 16-30 for co-ops) $15
- Additional Resource CD $15
- Grading Service $15 per lesson (more information on this option is available here).